DINGHIES | WORD OF CAUTION
Paddle sports can be very dangerous and impose physical demands on your body. Anyone thinking of using a tender must understand that this kind of sport can lead to physical injury, even death. Please read the safety advice and instructions carefully before using this product. Everyone using this product must recognise the risks inherent in paddle sports.
• Learn the basics of rescue and help techniques from a qualified person so you are able to provide first-responder assistance if needed.
• Check the weather forecast just before going out on the water and take advice about the specific conditions that apply at the site: wind speed and direction, times of tide changes, any dangerous currents, and any expected changes in the weather. Be especially aware of offshore winds and currents that can carry you outside the safety zones towards the open sea. Never go out if the weather conditions are not appropriate.
• Never go out on the water alone. Always ensure that you provide someone you know but is not in your group with the precise details of your plans: where you are from, where you are thinking to go, what time you expect to be back, and what action to take if you are not back at the hour stated.
• Never use a tender in waves or extreme conditions.
• Make sure what you are wearing is properly adapted to the weather conditions. Cold wind and/or water can lead very quickly to hypothermia. And protect yourself from the hot sun too.
• Always wear an approved buoyancy aid properly adapted to your size/weight.
• Always keep your paddle/oars in your hands. They are vital equipment for your propulsion, manoeuvrability, and above all for your safety. If they ever fall in the water, get hold of them as quickly as possible. Abandoned paddles/oars floating in the water can be dangerous for other water users and may result in an unnecessary call-out of the emergency services.
• Check your equipment for signs of wear and tear before every outing. Never go out on the water if you see signs of equipment failure.
• Never exceed the maximum size/weight limits of your tender as described in the instruction manual, or its recommended wind/water conditions.
• Have a medical check-up before you start thinking about getting into paddle/rowing sports.
• Never over-estimate your skill level or your physical limits. Stay modest, stay safe.
• As with all water sports/activities, there is always an element of risk, anything could happen at any moment. Never go further from the shore than you know you can swim to get back if necessary.
• In the event of a serious accident, your tender can provide sufficient buoyancy to help save your life. Use it accordingly. But remember, its buoyancy will not compensate for not having appropriate swimming skills.
• If you want to add supplementary fittings or equipment to your tender, only use items that are 100% approved by the manufacturer.
• Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for this product. Read the instruction manual thoroughly, and any other information available online.
• If you have the slightest doubt about your ability to paddle competently, the state of your equipment, the weather conditions, or the water conditions, DO NOT GO OUT! Ask advice from a qualified instructor, from your local shop or boat maker, and try again later when you’re properly ready.
• Do not consume alcohol or drugs before using this product.
• ALWAYS respect nature, the environment, and all other water users.
HEAT AND SUN WARNING
WARNING:Never leave your tender fully exposed to excessive heat and full sun when transporting it and when it is not in use. You must pay special attention to protecting your boat from heat and sun. Any excessive exposure could cause irreversible damage. These problems are not covered by our product guarantee as they are the result of carelessness by the user, not faults in the production process or issues related to the quality of the product.
We have selected top quality materials for the manufacture of this product, to ensure its optimum performance. All our products undergo rigorous quality and performance control. This enables us to fully guarantee the product’s component materials and manufacture which fully conform to government safety legislation.